Problem displaying pictures correctly on websites with Windows 8

mardo 19:49 22 Jul 2013

Hope someone can help with this. I have a new laptop with Windows 8 & internet explorer 10 but am finding that almost half the photos I try and view (mainly on Facebook or Rightmove) don't display correctly. The top half of the picture is fine but the bottom half isn't the right colour and it's also displaced. Occasionally photos are pixelated and odd colours. Have tried Compatibility View but that hasn't made any difference - also doesn't matter whether I open in desktop view or not. Technical knowledge not great so don't know what else to try!

rdave13 20:24 22 Jul 2013

I'd download Firefox browser and check that the pages load correctly and the images are ok. Always worth having two browsers for backup with any browser problems. If these pages and images load OK in FF then you need to re-set IE10. In IE10 click on the cog icon top right. Select 'Internet Options',then the 'Advanced' tab, near the bottom select the 'reset' tab. This will revert IE10 to default. All your favourites will be retained but your add-ons will need to be re-enabled. I'd do this one at a time and check the browser is working OK. If you use 'speckie' as a spellchecker then that add-on will need to be reinstalled.

mardo 20:36 22 Jul 2013

Cheers, will give that a go - willing to try anything!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?