problem with displaying dvds

soanes 18:52 05 Jan 2003
  soanes 18:52 05 Jan 2003

Please can someone advise me on the solution to this problem. I have windows xp and I have loaded power dvd for watching dvds.Because of a previous problem I had to re-load windows xp, it seems thet since then I just keep on getting a error message that says"power dvd does not support the current display mode, Ddraw overlay mode is the recomended mode.etc". How do I change to the overlay mode?? I have downloaded the latest direct x drivers but I still keep getting this message. Please,please can someone help...Thanks in anticipation

SteevScotland 19:02 05 Jan 2003

Try uinstaling power DVD and then reinstaling it. Not sure if It'll do the trick but worth a try.

Cheers S

brianthesnail 19:41 05 Jan 2003

Remember that Windows Media Player has its own built in DVD player as does RealOne player. Maybe you don't need Power DVD.

Brian

bremner 19:52 05 Jan 2003

I had exactly this problem and it was cured by reducing the refresh rate of the monitor.

soanes 20:56 16 Jan 2003

I have tried uninstalling power dvd and re-installing but this still does not work.How can I disable the g-force graphic card to see if the on-board graphic card works!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?