Problem displaying certain web pages

Mjones68 14:33 27 Jul 2006

Hi,

I’m having problems displaying certain web pages on my PC, whereas my wife’s PC can display them without any problems. One example is doing a flight chevk on the click here site. After typing the locations and dates on the Lufthansa site, it takes you to the next page with availability on my wifes computer but on mine it does nothing, bar a small ‘Done’ appearing on the bottom of the screen and when I click on this it says something like, “Done but with errors”. I use Internet explorer but I’ve also tried it with Maxthon and it comes up just the same. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks very much

FelixTCat 15:03 27 Jul 2006

Mikey,

Some of these sites require a small program called Java to work properly. The site contains a script which the java interpreter on your machine runs to provide the web page.

The other possibility is our old friend, the Cookie. The site may require a session cookie from a different site to track your progress through their system. Check that you haven't disabled cookies in your security settings.

Regards,

Felix

Mjones68 16:42 27 Jul 2006

Felix,

Thanks very much for this. I didn't think that it could have been so straightforward and after changing my internet security level to 'Default', everything now works. Brilliant!!

FelixTCat 16:56 27 Jul 2006

Mikey,

Huh, it was nothing (polishing lapels and looking pleased). It probably only took me 20 years to learn that myself.

Best wishes,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?