Problem with display

paul_allard 20:28 02 Feb 2009

My Windows XP Desktop display has suddenly - and unprovoked - gone to the lowest resolution instead of the highest where I normally have it. Control panel then Display then Settings will not let me change it. I've tried System Restore but that does not work either. When I boot up, the boot-up screen is normal as is the Windows XP loading page but Welcome and the Desktop are in Lowest resolution. My computer's back-up CD is a 2003 version of XP and so I may have to resort to this and lose stuff. All ideas welcome.

LinH 20:58 02 Feb 2009

Sounds like problem with your graphics card. Check that it is securely seated in its slot and then reinstall/update the software.

LinH

bamfiesler 04:46 03 Feb 2009

Yeh, most like the gfx card. Plus one as above. If you have to take the card out, give it a clean off if it's dusty.

paul_allard 07:02 03 Feb 2009

I suspected that it might be that but don't feel competent to mess with it. I'll take it to a shop - however would this also cause Firefox to keep closing and Roboform not to work properly ?

birdface 08:16 03 Feb 2009

Maybe run your security programs first and see if they find anything..Superantispyware and Malwarebytes are two good programs to run.Both free versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?