problem with daytime internet connection

square eyes 22:42 03 Mar 2008

Hi,
I live in Lewes in East Sussex and I've been putting up with this problem for 6 weeks now. The fraustrating thing is that there isn't anyone that can give me an official explanation.
I use an adsl BT Voyager 100 modem and have happily been using this for several years until a few weeks ago when i wasn't able to connect in the day time. It would get to "verifying username and password" then i would have the "error 721 The remote computer did not respond etc" I put it down to my ISP having problems at first, but after contacting them i realised that it must be a problem my end and started to follow their instruction in fault finding which, as you know, can get rather tedious. The fact that i knew without doubt that late evening and always after midnight i would deffinately be able to get a connection, said to me that it was unlikely to be my modem mailfunctioning, but it was the only answer i was getting from Pipex. Last week i decided to go out and buy a modem and popped into a local high street pc shop, he told me not to buy a modem as it wasn't a proble with my computer, but a problem with the telephone exchange in the town. He then went onto confirming the exact same symptoms to me that other people were having. I contacted BT and they couldnt help me or explain it but told me to contact Pipex and ask them to contact BT wholesales, which ive done and am waiting for an answer.

Sorry for the long-winded story, but i was hoping you guys might be able to explain what is going on here. I am surprised that if there are many others in this town having the same problem that BT would have cleared this up by now. If i leave my computer on and internet connected, i keep that connection, so i am getting close to buying a router so i can switch of my computer at night but not my internet.

Many thanks for any light you can shine on this

ambra4 02:53 04 Mar 2008

Broadband error code 721

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?