Problem connecting to Outlook Express

tardis100 16:37 09 Feb 2009

I am using a Laptop with XP and connect wirelessly through the Router for my broadband connection and as of today I am having trouble getting into Outlook Express. Keep getting the box up to enter user name and password - which I do - numerous times - but it still bounces back as if it is wrong - and it’s not!! There is no problem with my PC can get on line and access OE with no problem. I can get on line with the Laptop and surf the net - but OE will not let me in. I’ve checked in the Control Panel/Network connections there are 3 icons: 1)1394 Connection which says it is connected. 2)Wireless Network Connection which says it is connected and 3rdly Local Area Connection which has a red cross through it and saying “Network cable unplugged” but I cannot see anything unplugged and as I say using the PC I get straight into both Firefox and OE. The Laptop has only come up with the problem today.

brundle 18:28 09 Feb 2009

Delete and re-create the account in the laptop and/or export the account from your desktop PC, to a flash drive, import that account into OE - you will still need to re-enter the password the first time you access your emails using the laptop. Ensure that you set your OE account to leave emails on the server until you delete them, in order to see the emails on both machines.
click here
click here

Note I am referring to the account information only, not emails or address book. They won't not be affected by the above steps.

tardis100 18:57 09 Feb 2009

Thanks very much brundle - and thanks for the links I wouldn't have had a clue as to how to re-create the account but the links are very clear as to what to do. Unfortunately I have to go out now so will try it out later this evening. Thanks very much again.

tardis100 16:07 10 Feb 2009

Just calling back in - thanks brundle I re-created the account with the help of your links and now all is well. So much appreciated your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?