Problem Connecting I Pod Touch to Internet At Home

schmollies 13:54 31 Mar 2010

Trying to connect as above but no joy. Go into settings on I Pod, select wi-fi and it does show a few connections available (Bt, Orange etc) and my own home broadband Tiscali(12345).When I click on Tiscali it asks for a password,all I have is a series of numbers & letters on the back of the router and I enter this. It then says unable to join/connect.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I have a separate router password (all numbers or letters?) & if so how do I find this.

Many thanks, S.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 31 Mar 2010

Go to a computer that is connected to the network (ie a desktop) and open a web browser. Go to either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 Once there login with the name admin and password blank, or maybe admin pw admin. Once logged in, find where the wireless security settings are and copy down the passkey. Enter that into your ipod and you ashould then beable to connect.

schmollies 21:59 31 Mar 2010

Thanks Fruit Bat/\0/
Went into 192.168.1.1 & it does show my Tiscali router details.However under wireless security it shows a security mode WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and a WPA shared key which is the numbers & letters on the back of the router which does not work.
I cant find a "Passkey". Can you assist further.

Thanks, S.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:02 31 Mar 2010

click here / Pasphrase is those numbers
Check Ipod is using the correct security type i.e WPA

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017