PROBLEM WITH A COMPANY CALLED PLATTE ACCOUNT

davecov 16:22 19 Aug 2008

I am getting a constant bill from a company called platte account, which keeps popping up on my screen and now stays there for long periods of time. I am not responsible for the account.

Is there a way of stopping this from happening.

pj123 16:27 19 Aug 2008

Do you want to give this a go:

click here=

VoG II 16:30 19 Aug 2008

Try Fruit Bat's solution click here

Big L 266 16:31 19 Aug 2008

Hello.It seems Platte is the new name for MBS of Leeds. There are many points of correspondence about it within the hallows of this fine magazine. I would with great respect urge you to search on the thread below....

click here

I hope this helps.

davecov 18:53 19 Aug 2008

Thanks to everyone who gave advice with regard to this problem. Fruit bat resolved the problem with the notepad resolve.

Thanks again

pmkiller 00:09 15 Oct 2008

this is a difficult problem where some things work for some and not for others and some work for a while and then it returns try,restore or entering safe mode and deleting some spy/malware hunters work one i can recommend is ad adware NOT to be confused with ANY other sites ending in adware I hope ive been some help ..let me know

rdave13 00:50 15 Oct 2008

Trouble is with this type of billing, to allow this on your PC, someone has clicked OK to something at a site to view a movie or video thinking it was free.
Clicking Ok to some agreement, thinking the site showed 'free' films or whatever, means that someone entered that computer to a contract for payments.
Underhanded, I agree, but usually ensnares the greedy or the gullible or those who know no better.
Morally wrong but so are some punters who 'borrow' time on a friend's PC and might go on to these sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?