Problem with colour in Photoshop

edennorman 12:01 24 May 2004

I did visit the adobe photoshop forum but it is not very user friendly, so here I am again on my favourite forum.

The problem i have is that after scanning an image into photoshop (v8 CS) the colours are quite different from the scanned image....can anyone tell me where to start?

Thank you.

eden

AndySD 12:36 24 May 2004

Its to do with your colour profiles Have you set the Adobe Gamma in your control Panel yet?

edennorman 13:02 24 May 2004

Thank you for the contact...

I am very much a newbie...my husband bought me this new copy of photoshop but it is very different from Photoshop v4 which i am more used to.

I have managed to locate the colour settings box...are the gamma settings in their?

Thank you.

eden

AndySD 13:22 24 May 2004

NP close Photoshop and go Start then Contol Panel (if its xp choose Appearance and themes) choose Adobe Gamma click here or click here

€dstowe 13:26 24 May 2004

What are you comparing the colours against? Is it the original against what is on screen?.

There could be loads of reasons you are getting this. Adobe gamma, as noted by AndySD, your scanner and its settings, your monitor settings and so on.

Current Photoshop versions are vastly different to early ones such as V4 that you mention, it may be a good idea to sit down and go through the tutorials and help files.

With a program as comprehensive as Photoshop, it has a large learning curve and it is best to take it a bit at a time.

€d

edennorman 15:29 24 May 2004

Ah ha!

That sorted things out...the gamma setting in the control panel I mean...thanks so much.

eden

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?