Problem with card reader

PaulOwen 08:10 20 Aug 2004

I have just installed a new card reader but an error keeps coming up which says 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)' I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still does it. Please help!

recap 09:13 20 Aug 2004

You could try to enable at least one COM port in the basic input/output system (BIOS) so that the Serial.sys file can load properly.

PaulOwen 18:42 20 Aug 2004

Have the evening crew any ideas please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 20 Aug 2004

Registry cleaner :-
Regseeker click here

Use Regseeker to clean the registry the re install the card reader

PaulOwen 19:02 20 Aug 2004

I fear I have connected it to the mother board wrong. I tried the usb port it had on the front of the reader but it didn't work so I have tried the connections the other way round now it recognizes the scanner i plugged in. But it doesn't recognize the reader now! The 2 small connectors called 'gnd' are confusing me!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:09 20 Aug 2004

USB header arrangements I have description and pictures in a word document too large to post here I can e-mail it to you.

PaulOwen 19:18 20 Aug 2004

Thanks friutbat if you could. This is doing my head in. The usb port works and the two lights are on on the front but it just doesn't show up anywhere. Should it show as another drive in my computer?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:27 20 Aug 2004

Can't attatch doc using yellow envelope e-mail me first the I can reply with word doc attatchment.

/\0/\

PaulOwen 21:42 20 Aug 2004

I really feel like throwing this away! I now have 4 removable disks from somewhere in my computer F,G,H and I. And my card reader still isn't working.

PaulOwen 18:10 21 Aug 2004

Thank you all for your help, it turned out to be a faulty card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?