Problem burning DVDs

Luthien 13:04 18 Mar 2005

I have a number of short films - 20-30 mins duration - including some home videos, put together using Windows Movie Maker, creating WMV files. I used WinAVI Video Converter to create the DVD files, and then either Nero (latest version) or CopytoDVD to burn the DVD. My problem is, when I select more than one compilation, only one ISO file gets burned. WinAVI names all conversion the same, so I tried renaming these, but no joy. As these movies are no more than 30 mins I expected to be able to burn 5 or 6 onto the one DVD. Am I missing something? As a comparative newbie, I guess this must be so. Please help before my collection of coasters grows any bigger.

daxian 13:52 18 Mar 2005

hi luthien ....
you will need a dvd authoring program to put more than one file on dvd ,windows movie maker is a start (in xp ).
you will need to create a menu system with this software, then add your files in the sequence they will be viewed before burning to disk .
if your version of nero includes nero vision express this also can be used ....
hope this helps ......

roisin dubh 15:41 18 Mar 2005

Further to what daxian said, I can recommend the tmpgenc dvd author, it will let you add several tracks to the project, create a menu page with several first start options, such as play dvd straight away, display menu at start or play first track only.It aslo has a pretty nifty chapter edit menu which lets you specify regular lengths for chapters or individually enter chapter points. Have used this for a long time now and wouldn't consider using anything else. The same company also does a dvd file creator tmpgenc which gives you a lot more control over the output, quality and various other aspects of dvd file creation. To convert to iso/nrg files I use IMGtool burn, a free utility called daemon drive might be worth checking out too, its a dvd drive emulator, basically it sets up an imaginary cd/dvd drive on your computer to enable you to play the iso file as a real dvd before burning to disk. useful for ironing out any bugs/ensuring files work before converting blank dvd's to expensive coasters. Finally to burn with use a very good/very free programme called dvd decrypter, very reliable and fast, even if the end music is annoyingly chirpy in a mexican takeaway sort of way

GroupFC 15:49 18 Mar 2005

Book marked!

VideoSentry 16:03 18 Mar 2005

Booked

Luthien 17:20 18 Mar 2005

I'll get downloading right away and try out your recommendations - it all sounds so simple when you guys explain things, hope my experience is the same. Many thanks, guys, I appreciate you sharing your expertise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?