Problem with BT Voyager 2091 router??

Katiebee 09:50 25 Mar 2009

Hi. For the past 5 days we have been unable to connect to the internet (we are with BT/Yahoo). After calls to the BT Broadband Help Desk, and 'adjustments' made at the exchange, we are still not able to connect. When trying to connect, the page comes up as unavailable and 'cannot find server'.

We have a BT Voyager 2091 router. It has several lights across it, including wireless, ethernet and internet. The wireless and ethernet lights glow, but the internet one does not. When we do a BT/Yahoo Broadband Desktop Health Check, it says there is no internet connection and that it is unable to find a router/hub.

Could there be a problem with the router? All the connections are plugged in and secure.

We're at a loss!

Thank you for any help/suggestions you may be able to give.

gengiscant 10:24 25 Mar 2009

Have you tried a hard reset and re-applying your settings.
Most routers these days allow you to back up your settings and after reset just install from the backup.

I had a similar problem recently and although the solution above worked for me it was only temporary. Bought a new router a Netgear DG834G.
Problem sorted.

Katiebee 10:42 27 Mar 2009

Thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm no computer expert so I'm not sure if I know what you mean! However, after several more calls to BT and several more 'adjustments' at the exchange with no success, an engineer is finally coming out later today to check everything over and also check the router, so we shall see what transpires!

Thank you again for replying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?