Problem with booting asus P5N E SLI

brulia 17:48 18 Apr 2008

Hi, im having problems with a new build pc. It has an E6750 core 2 duo 2.66 cpu, Asus P5N E SLI motherboard, 2 x 2 Gig of crucial RAM, GForce 8600 GT Graphics card and corsair 550 watt psu. All is in and first boot was fine, loaded windows XP, still no problem, then I started having problems when I come to booting up getting a long single beep error, apparently this is because of some problem with the ram. I reset the ram into the slots and tried again, ok all seems fine, boots up. then after I press the reset button it reverts back to the beep error again. After changing the ram around and just trying to use one stick at a time it will boot up when it feels like it, I thought maybe I had a dodgy RAM stick but there is no constant stick of RAM into any particular slot that is consistantly faulty, it is very intermittant and needless to say very annoying. Any help would be very much appreciated.

gengiscant 20:16 18 Apr 2008

It may be that you have a short somewhere,I had a similar problem on my first build,nearly drove me mad.

Took it into a local shop and it was discovered that one of the screws fixing mobo to case was the culprit.

Now I take a bit more care.

Worth a look perhaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?