Problem with BBC newsreader

slimgee 21:32 16 Sep 2009

I used the BBC news as my home page but have been having problems with it for six or more weeks now. When I open the reader then go to click on another item or page the thing slows to a crawl and often seems to time out before opening up the page.I changed from IE8 to Firefox to see if it was the browser but very quickly this became just as bad. Firefox reports that the page times out. resetting the BBC page doesn't help although a cold start of the computer delays the onset of the problem. Trying to connect to an outside link from the BBC page is totally impossible. I have tried resetting my wireless router but it only helps for a short time. The router is a Sitecom 51402B. Every other site that I access does not have this problem and I can flick through pages at will. Thanks Slimgee.

Audio~~Chip 22:25 16 Sep 2009

click on the spinning yellow star or click on the box Begin Test. You will get 3 readings on the left hand side in a small boxes. Post these back please

slimgee 13:42 17 Sep 2009

Thankyou Audio~~chip.
The results given are:- D/L = 2.85mb/s: U/L 0.85mb/s: Ping 30ms. The site rates this as poor. Slimgee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?