Problem with backing up to SyncBack

Skinn 19:28 17 Mar 2009

Having installed SyncBack a couple of years ago and setting it to automatically back-up to an external hard drive daily, I never really thought any more about it. I just happened to check the folders on the external hard drive today and lots of data has not been backed-up!

I've checked the source folders which are as follows:

Address book: C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\

My Documents: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents

Outlook Express: C:\Documents and Settings\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{C65BA51D-3587-4A67-B70A-68F5A36C4367}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Desktop: C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\

Firefox bookmarks: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wmo42gk4.default\bookmarkbackups\

If anyone could answer the following questions it would be greatly appreciated:

1) Are the source folders all correct?

2) Outlook Express: all of the icons are Internet Explorer-style DBX files - is this correct?

3) Bookmarks: The most recent ones are JSON files which are not recognised by the computer so they cannot be checked. How can these be viewed? They were formerly HTML.

4) On SyncBack under 'Profile SetUp' > 'Simple' tab, I've opted for the second choice ' Backup the source directories files, including all its sub-directories'. Is this the correct setting ?

5) Finally, any ideas why it hasn't backed-up properly. The 'Result' states it was a 'success'.

Thanks in advance.

brundle 20:10 17 Mar 2009

Looked at the log file?

Skinn 21:56 17 Mar 2009

The log didn't exclude any of the documents that were missing.

brundle 23:10 17 Mar 2009

Can you change backup destination to see if it successfully copies all the files to a new location? The same drive at first, then a folder on your HD if that fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?