Problem With AVG UPDATE

Switcher 12:53 12 Feb 2003

Having noticed on this site that an update was available for AVG. I downloaded the update now my AVG will not run claiming that it is an unregistered version. I use AVG Expert which was not a free version and have used and updated it for a few years now.

The original disk is not available at the moment to start from scratch. Any ideas on how to get it working again.

Terrahawk 12:57 12 Feb 2003

normaly anti virus programs allow limited update usually a year from purchase after that period you have to renew your update subscrition ie pay for another year if you have been running yours for a couple of years this may be the case

Switcher 13:03 12 Feb 2003

That's a point I had not considered Terrahawk must read the literature - if I can find it.

However I would have expected to receive some warning to prompt me to pay up also it may not be related but I believe that the latest AVG update was corrupted in some way.

Djohn 13:08 12 Feb 2003

Download from the CZ site, it will come through fine, the US site is coming through with a fault at the moment.

When you open download manager, look to the right of screen and you will see a dropdown menu, choose CZ from there.

Switcher 14:00 12 Feb 2003

The download was downloaded from CZ site.

Now when I start Expert AV it brings up a box saying unregistered version and quits.

rawprawn 15:51 12 Feb 2003

When you guys were talking I didn't realise that there was an updated version as well as an update of virus data. I don't know about all of you but I am using the free version & all I did was ask it for updates, it downloaded the whole lot. The only difference was that this time I had to restart the computer to complete the installation

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?