Problem with AOL and Norton Internet Security 2004

kayr 15:00 23 Jun 2004

Have any of you experts out there experienced problems with AOL Broadband and Norton Internet Security 2004?

I have just purchased Norton having used the 2002 version previously without problem.

Using AOL 8 the product works after a fashion. Much of AOL own content is unaccessable. If NIS is disabled the programs become accesable and work fine.

I have completed DUN tests, checked physical connections, unistalled & reinstalled all programs AOL, Norton and the drivers for my modem BT Voyager 100 in the correct sequence order.

I have also configured all the aol programs to permit all access under the firewall configuration as advised by AOL.

But no success! AOL 9 does not work at all I get the message whenever I try to install it that my firewall is blocking access even if I have uninstalled and removed all folders relating to Norton. I can find nothing in AOL faq.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Kayrboy

Shas 15:15 23 Jun 2004

I've used AOL since version 4 with NAV 2000. On the occasions I've had to remove Norton I've found you have to do a complete manual uninstall, including manually removing items from the registry etc., - just doing it from add/remove progs isn't enough. After unsuccessfully trying to upgrade to NAV 2003 (couldn't enable autoprotect), I went back to 2000. Have found now that AOL 9, bb, NAV 2000 and AOL's free McAfee firewall work OK, although I have to disable firewall and nav if I want to run any of the spyware programmes, otherwise they take literally hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?