Problem after restoring system

mirta 18:13 18 Aug 2006

Hello

I have restored the entire system on my Compaq Presario (Windows 98se) using Compaq 'Quick Restore' CD's.
Before restoration I had no problem with a Cable and Wireless 128MB Flash Memory. I just plugged into a USB and it was recognised and worked OK.

Now, after restore, I am unable to install the device. I have tried every alternative but the PC cannot locate driver. There was no software with the unit.

It might help if I could locate the drivers, but there is no indication on the 'Cable and Wireless' web site. There is no indication that they even manufacture a Flash Memory.

Any help greatly appreciated

Binkie

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:50 18 Aug 2006

It will be made by a different company and rebadged by C&W

An easy way to find out the make is plug it into an XP computer it will be recognised as newhardware and will show the name in the bottom right tray of the task bar.

When you know the make then you can searcg for the drivers.

Argos sell these drives and also include drivers for windows 98

mirta 19:35 18 Aug 2006

Dear Fruit Bat

That advice was very helpful!

Kind regards
Binkie

mirta 19:23 19 Aug 2006

I have got info on the name of the manufacturer of stick.. USBEST technology.

So far I cannot get a driver for this memory stick.

It is labelled Cable and Wireless FMS128CW2.

Any clues about downloading one? I downloaded a program which I thought would fix the problem but it caused even more problems.

Cheers

VoG II 19:25 19 Aug 2006

Try click here - free registration required.

woodchip 19:35 19 Aug 2006

You do need a Driver for Win98 it will then be recognised as a Mass Storage device.

OK Read this Cable & wireless memory stick 128mb . . . ... It does not require driver , and is compatible with any OS ! the configu . . . ...click here=
So it must be something to do with windows

Sugest you download and install this, it may get you going click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?