Problem after latest Windows XP update

jessieros 13:57 01 Nov 2008

I installed the latest update yesterday and since then receive two error messages on start-up:
"AvGCFG.exe entry point not ound." The procedure entry point apsgetInterfaceCount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"
and
"WZCSLDRZ.exe entry point not found" The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

If I click OK on both then the system continues to load and nothing seems to be missing! However it is annoying that it happens every time and I would love to find the cause of the problem if at all possible
Any suggestions gratefully received!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:09 01 Nov 2008

WZCSLDRZ.exe entry point not found

update your wireless lan drivers

AvGCFG.exe entry point not found
reinstall AVG

jessieros 14:35 01 Nov 2008

Thanks - will try both those things
J

birdface 14:53 01 Nov 2008

Not another one with Virgin are you.

jessieros 14:59 01 Nov 2008

No - I'm with o2

birdface 15:06 01 Nov 2008

Lots of problems with Virgin users after Microsofts last update.Just thought that you may have been another one.

birdface 15:16 01 Nov 2008

I read from another Forum that if you go into msconfig and "WZCSLDRZ.exe is ticked untick it and when you reboot tick the box that appears.And it should not show again.Any problems just do the reverse.Not sure about AVG.

jessieros 17:53 01 Nov 2008

Great idea - that has worked!
I unticked the AVG entry for that file as well and AVG has still loaded, apparently working fine but without the error message. One of life's little mysteries!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?