Problem With Acronis True Image

I wanna do a back up using the above software. I have used it before on this PC but now it has come up with the following error:-
E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has detected unsupported hard disk drives. Acronis True Image Home does not support Windows Dynamic Disks, EZ-Drives, etc.
Whats changed, what can I do about it? Any ideas please? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 06 May 2008

Look in disc management and check the status of all your drives, are any shown as dynamic?

Yes they both are, 'C' which windows is on and 'D' which all my data is on. I wanna do an image of 'C'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:51 06 May 2008

You can go basic to dynamic without lossing info but cannot do it the other way see:-

How to Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk

To change a dynamic disk back to a basic disk:
1. Back up all the data on all the volumes on the disk you want to convert to a basic disk.
2. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
3. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
4. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
5. In the left pane, click Disk Management.
6. Right-click a volume on the dynamic disk that you want to change to a basic disk, and then click Delete Volume.
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to delete the volume.
8. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each volume on the dynamic disk.
9. After you have deleted all the volumes on the dynamic disk, right-click the dynamic disk that you want to change to a basic disk, and then click Convert to Basic Disk.

NOTE:You must right-click the gray area that contains the disk title on the left side of the Details pane. For example, right-click Disk 1.

It wont allow me to Delete Volume on 'C' it is greyed out.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:25 06 May 2008

As I said you will loose all info on the disk windows will not let you wipe the disk the operating system is on.

So what can I do? This is a fresh install of Windows and I wanna back it up.

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?