problem with Acronis

admas 22:34 03 Jan 2003
  admas 22:34 03 Jan 2003

A drive with Acronis loaded, running win98, after being cloned: I get the message 'cannot load operating system', or 'cannot find win.com'. I can get a dir listing after booting from a boot disk, but the windows folder is empty. Can someone please tell me how to get my operating system back? I have tried upgrading Acronis from the floppy, activating and de-activating, running sys command at the prompt and fdisk/mbr with no change in the error messages, and the boot partition is set as primary active.

Wak 14:42 04 Jan 2003

Hi Admas, I run Acronis which I find to be very good. I don't think I can help with your particular problem but at the moment but what I do know, may be of some help to you.
First of all, I thought Acronis ran in DOS and wasn't installed with the O/S???
Acronis only controls my C:\ and E:\ drives. (One hard drive with two partitions).
My D:\ drive is a separate drive which is used as backup.
My C:\ drive (in Windows Explorer) looks the same as usual but the E:\ drive (in Windows Explorer) does not show any files or sub-folders in either Windows or Program Files. You will (or should) find these folders and files for the second drive in another folder called "Bootwiz"
The Bootwiz folder appears in both drives but will apparently be empty in the currently operating drive.
Both drives still operate OK even though the files seem to get moved around when using different drives.
I hope this is of some help to you, but if it isn't, post back as others on this forum have helped me with Acronis

woodchip 15:18 04 Jan 2003

I do not know what you are trying to do with Acronis, I use it from floppy disc's not loaded to use as duel boot but just to manage my partitions

woodchip 15:21 04 Jan 2003

PS to sort your problem try this, start with your win98 startup disc when you get to A:\> type SYS C: and press enter that will hopefully get you going

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?