problem

brybob 10:35 13 Aug 2007

Hi all, l have a fire wall installed and a virus protector from Virgin cable.
l have this= ebatesmoemoney. blocked by the firewall and allthough l also uninstall it as well it gets though to my PC and every morning when l log on l am ask by thre fire wall if it should allow this program to cotact the internet.
how can l kill it once and forever l dont know what it is so l dont want it.
Cheers all.

wee eddie 10:56 13 Aug 2007

Firewall< Anti Virus (Name please, not just Virgins thingy).

Do you have anything Anti Spywear/Malwear programmes installed.

What do you do to ensure that they are up-to-date and how often do you run them.

Keeping your PC clean is a Pro-active task.

spuds 11:05 13 Aug 2007

"I also uninstall it ....". How do you uninstall it. But ticking a box etc?.

brybob 12:03 13 Aug 2007

l have b/band pc guard and B/Band fire wall all came free with My B/Band conection from Virgin Media, my spyware is also a free adision from Superadblocker.com all have been working fine uptill now, even the popup blocker works ok.
And l did uninstall the ebatesmoemoney think and do every morning.
regard Bry.

wee eddie 12:39 13 Aug 2007

When you installed it,

How often have you set it to update itself and how often do you run Scans?

wee eddie 12:46 13 Aug 2007

Already has an Ad Blocker included.

I suggest that you add Spybot to your armoury, its free.

brybob 13:47 13 Aug 2007

The PC guard was recenly reinstalled as it was the old blueyonder one and virgin media took over and went l had a problem with the blueyonder guard l was told to delate and there tecy guy talked me through a reinstall with a virgin media guard. l dont have a problem with it just this dam money thing, THAT by the way just poped up again as l signed on again.
and l will take a look at spybot.

wee eddie 14:11 13 Aug 2007

Search here for the threads that suggest free solutions. there are a couple of first class threads but I don't want to make it to easy for you.

By the way: I read through the PC Guard literature. Are you doing the Weekly Scan and Upgrade check that they recommend?

With any luck Spybot R&D should solve the problem. I use Ad-Aware as well. Every one has their own particular favourites as none of them manage to hoover up everything.

wee eddie 14:13 13 Aug 2007

I know that PC Guard does live scanning of everything all the time, but they recommend that you run the scan yourself once each week. Maybe as a sort of double check.

brybob 16:16 13 Aug 2007

Hi Guys, tell you what l just downloaded spybot, and am l impressed or what, it found lots and lot of stuff on my computer including that money thingy and has delated it together with lots of other stuff so l hope that's the last of that.
And yes l do do a scan on a regular basis with the virus protection program and the spyware l had before the spy bot,
do l delate the old spyware ? and keep the spybot ?.
Thanks Very much to all.

wee eddie 17:38 13 Aug 2007

If I remember rightly Spybot's updates come through some time on Wednesday, so I usually run it on Wednesday evening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone