Prob trying to switch from Tiscali

bradwell boy 19:46 06 Oct 2009

My mum has a bundled Phone/Broadband with Tiscali for about the last 2 years. Had probs and never got any help from them. I have been with TalkTalk and no probs. She wants to shut down with Tiscali and just go elsewhere (likely Talktalk).

Her problem is TT said they cannot detect her line as it is not a BT one. Need to get BT to activate the line. Spoken with BT and they won't activate unless she has her B'Band with them (don't blame them really. Why should they do something for nothing). Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way around it?

johnnyrocker 19:53 06 Oct 2009

as her ISP it is their responsibility to A hand the line back B discontinue her service.

johnny

sunnystaines 20:06 06 Oct 2009

i have just had all this with the same move[ did you read my thread], talktalk said that tiscali list the phone as a non bt line to to put off customers moving resulting in no special offers being available to non bt line phones.

the bt engineer attended to sort new line and confirmed I had a bt line, I contacted talktalk again and they honoured the the 6 month free introduction offer.

johnnyrocker 20:11 06 Oct 2009

i did read your not very clear post and stand by the points made.

sunnystaines 09:44 07 Oct 2009

your are right on that point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone