Prob with screen on packard bell m3 notebook

mr. h 11:39 05 Dec 2006

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:31 Post subject: Prob with screen on m3 notebook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

I have got a packard bell m3 notebook which works nicely but has one prob.

The screen turns of by it self after a few seconds.
I have been to power mangment in control panel and selected never turn screen off.
The screen comes back on when you close it and reopen it.

Please help me.

mr. h 12:50 05 Dec 2006

Anybody?

ed-0 13:03 05 Dec 2006

it could be anything.

I have had two inverters go, a bulb blowing and the connection from the screen to the motherboard come loose, on three separate HP laptops in the last 18 months.

Has the laptop got an external VGA port, so you can hook it up to a monitor and see if it is a screen or windows problem.

Oh, you say "The screen turns of by it self after a few seconds. " coupled with " I have been to power mangment in control panel "

Does that mean it loads into windows? because you say it shuts off after a few seconds. Is the few seconds in the bios or after windows has loaded. Could you clear that up.

Just trying to see if it is a windows fault or screen fault.

mr. h 13:56 05 Dec 2006

thanks for the reply,

it works fine with an external monitor

when close the laptop then reopen it the lapton sceen comes on for a few seconds then goes off

keithlik 14:04 05 Dec 2006

Does this occur when you are using mains power
or battery?

keithlik 14:06 05 Dec 2006

Justnoticed that you mention closing the laptop lid? Does the problem only happen then - if so it is possibley automatically hibernating.

mr. h 14:08 05 Dec 2006

Hibernation mode is off.

Occurs on mains power and batteries.

keithlik 14:37 05 Dec 2006

Going back to your first posting about your screen blanking. You say that closing the blank screen and then re-opening solves the problem. Could you say how you are closing the blank screen and re-oipening it, please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone