Prob With Files On Memory Stick

[email protected]© 21:17 09 Apr 2008

I have copied some files on to a memory stick, music, pics, docs etc. The files are a total of 1.33GB in size but when I try to put it back on PC it won't recognise any files on there! What can I do to get the data back please?

ArrGee 21:48 09 Apr 2008

This could be a very simple fault. When you transfer the files from a PC to a memory stick, you will find a file transfer window on your screen to show the progression of the transfer.

Whilst the progress on screen may show 'complete', you may still need an extra 10-15 seconds before the transfer is acutally complete.

[email protected]© 06:31 10 Apr 2008

I am sure it completed. But what can I do now as the drive has been formatted that is why I put the data on a stick. Plus it is showing just one icon rather than the 6 or 7 folders that was transferred i.e pix, music etc...

Technotiger 08:20 10 Apr 2008

What results do you get if you check the sticks' Properties in My Computer.

Also what is the one icon that is showing, and what happens if you click on that icon?

Terry Brown 09:38 10 Apr 2008

You could try a data recovery program like CDCHECK (free trial) and select recovery, however memory sticks are basicly transfer devices and the contents are easily lost.
Terry

[email protected]© 09:41 10 Apr 2008

It is an 8GB stick and it says used as 3GB!! The icon shows the TV type icon with the 3 little symbols in it and it is called 'square'(a symbol). When I double click it it says 'open with'?

Technotiger 09:46 10 Apr 2008

So does it give you a choice of program to 'Open with' ?

Technotiger 09:46 10 Apr 2008

Or does it show 'Explore' if so click on Explore or Open.

[email protected]© 09:50 10 Apr 2008

If I choose explore>open it asks me what program do I want to open it with.

Technotiger 10:07 10 Apr 2008

So what program do you choose to open it?

Technotiger 10:09 10 Apr 2008

Does it give you a list of programs to choose from?

If not, then try My Documents for a start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017