prob with epson p50 printer

carnoustiejim 13:30 28 Feb 2011

hi i cant get printer to work
i changed my catridges and restarted to print, the middle button on printer next to off/on button stays red and printer wont print
i have always used compatible ink catridges can you help me thanks kirriejim

carnoustiejim 13:43 28 Feb 2011

hi sorry i forgot i uninstalled software then installed it im getting message printer not recognized the green and red lights are on thanks kirriejim

johndrew 13:55 28 Feb 2011

I think the 'middle button' is the ink warning. It could be the cartridge(s) are faulty but I suggest you download and try the SSC Service Utility click here first.

However since you have Uninstalled/reinstalled the software, did you do this correctly? I believe you should not have the printer connected until after it is installed. A check in the documentation should confirm this.

carnoustiejim 14:59 28 Feb 2011

hi john cant connect to site also how do check documentation im a bit novicy thanks klirriejim

carnoustiejim 18:28 28 Feb 2011

hi me again copied software and got on to site but i cant see that it supports the epson stylus photo p50 and no mention of windows 7 thanks kirriejim

johndrew 14:45 01 Mar 2011

You failed to mention your OS in your original post.

Does the software supplied with the printer confirm it is compatible with W7? If so I suggest you disconnect your printer from the PC, uninstall the software, restart your PC and reinstall the software. Then reconnect your printer to the PC, ideally using the same USB port. The PC should then recognise your printer.

I don't use W7 and I am not certain of the following but hope it is the same as XP.

The SSC utility may work with W7 and your printer but you may need to use the compatibility mode. To do this, after installation, go to 'My Computer/Programs/SSC Service Utility', right click 'ssc_serv.exe' select 'Properties' then the 'Compatibility' tab, go to 'Compatibility Mode' tick the box and select 'Windows XP'.

SSC contains a 'Help' topic that should point you in the direction of resetting the cartridges.

woodchip 15:31 01 Mar 2011

You may have put the Wrong Model up looking at the Epson Site shows a PP 50 check hear for a driver click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?