Private home experiment Network

RightOnTime 11:48 30 Mar 2008

Hi PC Advisor Forums . I have started a Networking course , and I have been given a Netgear DG834G v3 router with no software ( by my sister ) . I have 3 win98 pc's & I want to set up a small private network , where I can try out the course work . I think I need the software , but I dont want to connect to the internet 9 as I want to use a privat Ip address . How can I see & alter the routers settings ? Thanks for any help & bye from Rob

ambra4 13:17 30 Mar 2008

You do not need any software to install the Netgear DG834G v3 just download the user

manual it will tell you how to set-up the Netgear DG834G v3

pdf file first one on the list

click here

RightOnTime 16:09 30 Mar 2008

Thanks for the advice , but I still can't find how to see & logon to the router when its not on the internet .I get a ping reply from 192.168.0.1 , but i cant access it , or see it in network places . Any ideas ? Thanks From Rob

Tech Guy 18:54 30 Mar 2008

Type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar to log into the router, username: admin, password: admin.

Make sure DHCP is enabled and just plug ethernet cables into router then into your PCs and they will get private IP addresses automatically.

Like ambra4 said download manual and study it.

Any other questions please ask, but the best way to learn is to read, read, read and try things out for yourself.

RightOnTime 19:16 30 Mar 2008

Hi ambra & tech Guy .Sorry about that , but I didn't think that the address bar would work if I wasn't connected to the web .This has made my day . It has been a pleasure to meet you both . Thanks again & time for some router action LOL . Bye from Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?