private folder

podlod 08:07 02 Sep 2009

Hi, I am at the moment writing and editing documents that I have in my Microsoft Private Folder, and making the documents in Microsoft Word. When I wish to sometimes move this folder to My Documents a panel appears and reads; you must close folder before proceeding, so can you explain how I do this and what it means, after I have copied the documents that I have moved to My Documents, i then wish to replace them all to the original Private folder. I know I can copy the documents but I cannot edit them if I move to another area.
I hope you fully understand what I am trying to explain, thank you,

Diemmess 09:28 02 Sep 2009

I'm a mite puzzled by Private Folder.

Does access to it depend on whether you are booted as Administrator (with a password)?
Is a document you wish to edit already in Word?
If so why do you need to move it about?

Sorry to phrase my response this way, but the solution may be much easier once the problem is understood.

podlod 13:21 02 Sep 2009

Hi Diemmess, The answer to your inquiry regarding my prob is that yes you do need a password for my folder, and if I have a prob with this folder in the near future in me losing or not enabling me to retrieve my doc info from my private folder, then I cannot change or shall I say edit any info that I have already written if I just copied it. hope you understand my meaning as I am not 100% in explaining.

Terry Brown 16:30 02 Sep 2009

ssume you have used the following method to create a private folder, just unclick the private in sharing to revert to normal.

To make your folders private
Open My Computer.
Double-click the drive where Windows is installed (usually drive (C:), unless you have more than one drive on your computer).
If the contents of the drive are hidden, under System Tasks, click Show the contents of this drive.

Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
Double-click your user folder.
Right-click any folder in your user profile, and then click Properties.
On the Sharing tab, select the Make this folder private so that only I have access to it check box.
Terry

podlod 09:35 06 Sep 2009

Hi, thanks for all your help, I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?