Printing Twice

morddwyd 20:11 10 Sep 2010

Why has my printer suddenly (last three or four days) suddenly started printing two copies of everything?

I've confirmed the default number of copies is still 1

HP 8180, Win 7 64 bit

Nontek 20:31 10 Sep 2010

I have never owned HP, but with my Epson this can sometimes occur when a 'job' is left in the queue, usually shown via a small icon in the System tray. Deleting the 'job' after opening that icon, usually stops it.

morddwyd 08:28 11 Sep 2010

This is not sometimes, but every time, every print job - Word document, e-mail, photo etc.

accordion 08:36 11 Sep 2010

Check the print queue anyway - make sure there's nothing left in it that's messing things up.

Dave

rdave13 09:47 11 Sep 2010

If not a setting the here's a nifty batch file download that stops and restarts the spooler service. Scroll down a bit; click here

Macscouse 11:20 11 Sep 2010

I had the same problem on the same machine. Had to completely uninstall the printer, and used the HP website to download up to date drivers. No problem since then.

morddwyd 11:41 11 Sep 2010

Oh No! Not again (I'm sure you'll know what I mean!).

Macscouse 12:02 11 Sep 2010

Have you added a printer from the devices & printers recently? You may find that you have two printers listed in device manager.
I've had hours of fun with this printer. ;o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?