Printing threads

User-178362 20:38 22 Oct 2005

I am printing my threads out but half way through I have started to get your names dates of the threads etc. How do I make them go?

Kev.Ifty 22:03 22 Oct 2005

High lite (right click and drag your mouse across) the text you want to print.

Then right click and Select PRINT. When the new window opens tick/select the 'SELECTION' Button.

Now you will only print the bits you need ;-)

Kev

Kev.Ifty 22:06 22 Oct 2005

You know that bit in brackets that says 'right click'? Well it's the other right i meant, you know the one more commonly known as 'left'

Dooh!

Kev.Ifty 22:16 22 Oct 2005

A bit like this..

click here

And this

click here

Kev

Danoh 23:09 22 Oct 2005

You can always copy and paste into a word document, then edit that before printing it.

Use your mouse cursor to highlight the text you are interested in, then press both the "Ctrl" and "C" keys on your keyboard to copy.

Next, create a new word document or simply open your Word program, move your mouse cursor onto the page and paste what you have copied by pressing both the "Ctrl" and "V" keys on your keyboard together.

VoG II 23:13 22 Oct 2005
  Kev.Ifty 01:26 23 Oct 2005

I don't mean to get all anal about who said what first about that printing tip thing, BUTT! (Sorry, pun intended).

click here

I think you'll find the date to be of interest.

click here

Credit where it's due!!

Oh OK so i didn't actually 'invent' the method. But I said it first.. ner ner. An my dads bigger than your's

Kev ;-)

Skills 03:40 23 Oct 2005

I have found a PDF Printer driver really handy for saving web pages and you can then print out the PDF document afterwards. My favourite one that was pointed out to me by another forumite is Primo PDF click here

You cant edit the PDF files thou so if you wish to do that you'll need to use the copy and paste method.

User-178362 15:06 23 Oct 2005

I already had put them onto ward. I highlight/ copy, click on my word program that I have out and then past. Half way down my long thread. ie Nero I started to get all the other bits that go with it name date, which I did not hight light. I only h/light one at a time ie Skills copy/past then h/light Danoh copy past. It takes along time. On say web pages/PDF/ etc I get a long message instead of the word ie program. I do not wish to print out the lines. I have been going through it manually deleting names dates and the rest that replaces ie programs and replace it with the word Program etc, but I cannot delete the lines. I only copy ie from Skills (I have....past method.) omiting out Skills.Maybe there isn't a way round it and I will have to go back and copy and past again where it started to go wrong.

Danoh 19:23 23 Oct 2005

sea princess; I think I've got what you're saying. When you copy and paste from PCAdvisor's postings, they are in a table format which is also copied into your Word document. If you highlight just the row of the table with the names and dates and press delete, the data will be removed but not the row of the table. So that row or line is still there although it is blank, and it still gets printed out.

To remove that row of the table in your word document, highlight the whole row first. Then at the top of your Word window, click on "Table" then in the drop-down list, "Delete" and across to a new drop-down list, "Row".

I hope I've understood correctly so you can try the above.

wee eddie 21:09 23 Oct 2005

test

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?