Printing scenes from DVD's

Olly 19:35 03 Jan 2008

I am using Windows XP and Media. I have made a DVD of a television programme and would like to make prints of certain scenes. Can I do this and if so how. The DVD is not protected under media usage rights.

Technotiger 20:17 03 Jan 2008

Somewhere for you to start looking ... you need to Capture to PC

click here

Or, more simply you could run the DVD and then use PrtScn key on your keyboard to capture individual shots - these could then be edited in just about any Paint program.

vlc player has a rightclick snapshot function
click here

Grey Goo 22:23 03 Jan 2008

click here
Works very well

FatboySlim71 09:33 04 Jan 2008

If you have PowerDVD, there is an option on that, that allows you to capture a screen/still image and then save it to your PC, from there you could print it off.

Basically when you are playing a DVD through PowerDVD, you should see along the bottom where the play button etc is, a button that has a little symbol that looks like a camera, at the choosen point if you pause the DVD and click this button it will then capture the still image and save it to your PC, from there you could print it off.

The version of PowerDVD I have is V7.2 so other versions of it might be different.

DanielSmith 09:44 06 Apr 2008

Here is a article about your problem,
How to capture image from a moive(Media Player, RealPlayer/RealOne, DVD etc.) or a game screen?
you can see it here:
click here

eedcam 11:11 06 Apr 2008

This free software might be handy for you itts specifically for that
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?