Printing and Scanning

J3$$i 15:14 17 Feb 2008

Is there a way of connecting my computers to the printer and scanner through a router or do I need another piece of hardware? I have 1 desktop and two laptops working on wireless my main concern is printing, none of these are connected to the printer at the moment.

recap 15:25 17 Feb 2008

click here it may help?

conan_troutman 18:47 18 Feb 2008

I bought a print server relitively cheap for £50, this allow my printer to connect direct to my wireless network, and can be used to print scan and fax.

the beauty of this route over sharing a printer attached to another PC is that you do not have to keep booting up the other pc to be able to print.

all PCs and Laptops on your network can print from it and set up is dead easy...just install the printers drivers on every pc you wish to share with then connect the print server to the router via a cat5 cable connect the printer to other end of the print server, connect the power supply wait for the IP address to be assigend and the drivers to upload to the print server ( about 20 minutes) unplug from the router and wahey you are now printing scanning and faxing wirelessly( depending on your printer model)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?