Printing question

charlton200 19:50 07 Mar 2006

Could any body please tell me, how when I type something in word, and then insert a background colour, why when I print it out, the background colour is not there.
I have looked at the setting's but most are confusing.
I have an HP deskjet 840c.

Cheers.

howard63 19:52 07 Mar 2006

I have one of those and you have to set it up in the printing preferences.

charlton200 19:55 07 Mar 2006

I don't see what I can do it printing preferences to be able to do this.

Cheers

howard63 20:03 07 Mar 2006

not got printer connected at moment so cannot check but I believe somewhere there is a box for printing background colours which you have to click in.

charlton200 20:10 07 Mar 2006

I have a box with background printing and it is already ticked - but no background printing is done.I was wondering if there was anything else.

Cheers

Nosmas 21:28 07 Mar 2006

Just had a look in Word Help and in the topic 'Add a background' it states "Word displays backgrounds that you add with the Background command on the Format menu in Web layout view only. These backgrounds aren't designed for printed documents".

So it looks as though this feature is only for web pages. However it might be worthwhile your having a more thorough search through Word Help in case there is a solution to your problem hidden in the many topics displayed when searching for index keyword 'background'

charlton200 22:03 07 Mar 2006

Many thanks.

charlton200 22:27 07 Mar 2006

Yes background colour is for web pages only, but it does say that if you go to background on the format menu and then click on printed watermark this will print colour.
Only trouble is printed watermark is not highlighted and so i can not click on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?