printing problems with my lexmark z640

normajay 16:20 10 Aug 2008

hi all,i have developed a problem when trying to print, my colour ink does not work tried all the solutions,i have even put the colour ink into the black ink compartment and printed a test page
this worked,so i know its not my cartridge it just seems to be the colour compartment not sure what i can do about this.

jack 17:15 10 Aug 2008

and printed a test page.

That is interesting- what did you get?

Meanwhile take a look at the connector tracks in the colour chamber and ensure they are Clean- an alcohol wipe and flexible to ensure contact with the cartridge.

If no joy

Remove connections then have a go at removing the case- check the ribbon connector to colour cartridge chamber. May have worked work loose.

Still no luck?
Throw it away and buy another printer -preferably not Lexmark

normajay 17:24 10 Aug 2008

first of all i fixed and aligned horizontal streaks in black compartment they all came out in colour so i know my cartridge works but when i printed test page would only print the darker shades but no colour.looks like i might have to buy another printer because i have done all of the above.

Pineman100 18:40 10 Aug 2008

I know this is a very obvious question, but have you run the printer through its own nozzle cleaning routine? You should find this listed in the toolkit software.

normajay 19:19 10 Aug 2008

yes ive done everything i can think of its as if the contacts on the colour compartment are damaged because ive tried a few other cartridges that are for this model but no luck i originally had an hp all in one but the ink was very expensive,so i bought this one might try an epson next .

jack 10:45 11 Aug 2008

And a continuous ink supply- that's the way to go
I have as many other on this forum
This is one of many vendors
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?