Printing Problems

Bed_Soiler 20:07 11 Jan 2005

I recently bought an HP iMedia PC with a 'Columbia Challenger' motherboard and a combo printer, scanner, fax, also HP (psc 2179). This combination of devices appears to be disastrous. While the printer will work as a stand-alone unit and the PC works fine, as soon as they have to talk to each other it's hangs, spontaneous reboots, yo name it. I have applied the newest drivers, the USB patch, etc. Any ideas?

Change Your Sheets More Often

€dstowe 06:36 20 Jan 2005

Ensure that you have installed the software correctly. Printers are extremely faddy about the way their software is installed and any variation from being correct can result in a printer failing to work properly.

Try removing all trace of the printer software from your computer and re-installing EXACTLY according to the instructions given with the device.

swapper 07:36 20 Jan 2005

Bed_Soiler, I am sorry that I do not know the answer to your question, but I just....LOVE... your username, thanks for the laugh! good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires