printing problem please help

janine 26 12:40 26 Feb 2006

please can someone help me or give me any advice?? everytime i come to print a little printer appears in the corner of the screen, but my document does not print. When i click on this little printer icon it says janine has however many documents ive tried to print pending. What does this mean?? Why will it just not print my essay! my printer is a Epson Stylus C44 Plus tyhankyou very much

€dstowe 12:44 26 Feb 2006

First thing I would do is download the latest printer drivers and software from Epson.

Go to Printers and Faxes from the start menu and delete the printer.

Re-install the new drivers and software EXACTLY according to the instructions.

You should then have an working printer.

€dstowe 12:46 26 Feb 2006

C44 downloads here click here I can't find a reference to the C44 Pluse

janine 26 12:52 26 Feb 2006

thankyou very much, ive down loaded it but the print is that small i cant read. sorry but do you know how i can make the print larger ( as you can see not very good with computers) Ta

€dstowe 13:00 26 Feb 2006

Please follow the installation instruction that are given on the page I gave the reference to.

If you can't do that, install the software from the disk that came with the printer, again following the instructions EXACTLY.

I am fairly certain that your problem is caused by the currently installed software being corrupt and will be cured by a re-installation but, it is best to remove the old software first. To do this click on Start, then Printers and Faxes. This will show you a list of printers on your machine. RIGHT click on the problem printer and click on Delete in the list that comes up. This will remove all traces of the printer ready for you to re-install.

janine 26 13:04 26 Feb 2006

THANKYOU IME DOING THAT NOW!! JUST WAITING FOR CONFIRMATION

Pamy 13:08 26 Feb 2006

When you go into printers, make sure that your printer is the "DEFAULT" printer

pj123 13:18 26 Feb 2006

€dstowe, FYI. Epson printers with "Plus" were only sold by PC World. They are exactly the same as other "U" Epson printers. For example. my friend has a C44 Plus bought from PCW. I have an old C44 U bought from Ebuyer. They are exactly the same printer.

janine 26 13:20 26 Feb 2006

THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP ITS STILL NOT PRINTING JUST PENDING

Pamy 13:30 26 Feb 2006

Are all your inks full?

Has this problem only recently occured

janine 26 13:35 26 Feb 2006

yes they are full, its been like this for about two weeks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?