Printing problem

Samwella 19:20 15 May 2010

Trying to print my own design (b&w) jewel case cover using exPressit SE Photo Glossy white inserts.
Printer is Epson Stylus Photo R300.
If I set the printer to anything other than plain paper (either in Basic or Advanced setting) the printer is sending out my full design as a small 10 x 15cm print (but perfect quality). If I set the paper setting to plain paper it sends out the A4 design page with my design as it should be size wise, but the quality is dreadful,horizontal banding although I have done numerous cleanings and nozzle checks.
Help anyone please? do I need a new printer?
Thanks,
Ruth

rdave13 19:57 15 May 2010

Depending on the quality of the A4 paper. Usually graphic printing on average A4 paper is poor compared to printing on gloss etc., paper.

woodchip 20:34 15 May 2010

Are you using Pressit Software to print from

Samwella 21:06 15 May 2010

Yes, Woodchip I have their software installed. Problem is I need to print out 100 jewelcases and just can't accept the quality the 'plain paper' setting is turning out. Why I get the photo size print (which is perfect quality) in the Advanced setting on the Epson printer I don't know. I know in the Basic Setting it defaults to this size, I am beginning to think the printer must be kaput!
Thanks,

rdave13 21:26 15 May 2010

No help I suppose, I've been using Epsom printers for a long time, and only installing the basic drivers, seems a good idea. The bumf that comes with Epsom printers I have found to be dire.
Paint dot Net will adjust all your needs and Windows drivers will take care of the printing side in my humble oppinion.

woodchip 22:03 15 May 2010

I think you will find that it's not the Printer its the Pressit Software printer driver that is overriding the Epson Printer driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017