Printing on printable DVD's with Canon MP610

woodchip11 11:41 17 Mar 2011

I am using a Macbook pro/Canon MP610 combination and truing to use the DVD print capability. I have followed all the usual instructions to the point of opening the lower tray and inserting the DVD holder to the arrows indicated. When I press print I get an error message 'lower tray is open, close and retry' but i have to have the lower tray open to get the holder in place. If I remove the holder and close the tray, press ok it will print happily onto paper . Help please would be appreciated.

Nontek 12:01 17 Mar 2011

I am not too familiar with that All-in-one, but are you sure that you have pulled down the awkward to get at, lower internal flap (as I understand it), for taking the CD Tray?

woodchip11 12:09 17 Mar 2011

Hi Nontek,

Yes the tray is the problem, I have to have it down to insert the holder but then I get the error message saying it has to be up

lotvic 12:21 17 Mar 2011

Is 'step 6' on click here any help? it says you have to select 'Disc Tray' as the paper source

lotvic 12:35 17 Mar 2011

Found click here
<<<"Well well well. I spent months trying to get my Pixma ip 6700 to print a cd instead of the error message that the lower tray was open. I tried something and it has worked repeatedly with the canon cd software. I suggest you try this.

Place the cd tray in the slot all the way without force. Click the print command in the software. Wait for the printer to begin to respond then apply slight pressure to the tray to move it slightly more into the printer let go and the printer takes over. I don’t know if it will work for other canon printers that are having this problem but it just might work">>>

woodchip11 12:36 17 Mar 2011

Yep done that

woodchip11 12:40 17 Mar 2011

Sorry Lotvic not tried your last post, will have a go

woodchip11 12:50 17 Mar 2011

Doesn't work on my MP610.

woodchip11 13:24 17 Mar 2011

Just found out this must be a Mac problem as I have tried it on my PC (Vista) and it works ok , so now further investigation is required

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?