Printing photos

Lillylou 11:08 23 Sep 2003

When I print out photos they have grainy bands running down them I have tried cleaning the print nozzles and heads but it still keeps happening has anyone any ideas as I am wasting a lot of photo paper.

Thanks

alcudia 11:13 23 Sep 2003

What is the resolution of the images you are trying to print.

You need at least 200 dpi to get a decent print.

Good idea to test print a section of the image on plain paper first to save waste.

Pesala 11:19 23 Sep 2003

I once used an HP Multifunction printer/scanner/copier. Unless one used high-quality mode the banding was obvious.

DieSse 11:57 23 Sep 2003

What printer? - what print mode? - please.

DieSse 11:58 23 Sep 2003

Are the bands defintaely down the direction of printing, not across?

stlucia 13:03 23 Sep 2003

If the bands are in the direction of printing, and there's only a few of them, it is usually the drive wheels (or whatever you call them) that keep the paper into contact with the drive roller.

They can get either get dirty and leave marks, or they can make marks in the ink on the print if the ink is not drying quickly enough or is being over-applied. Are you using manufacturer's original inks and paper, and have you selected the correct type of paper in your printer setup dialogue box (affects the amount of ink applied)?

Way1 14:42 23 Sep 2003

Asks a question, people take the time and make the effort to answer by asking subsequent questions - just ticks resolved box, no further comment??????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?