Printing Photographs

bluto1 14:39 19 Dec 2006

I`ve been trying to print 6"x4" photos using Picasa 2. Problem is that I`m only getting 1/4 of the original picture printed on 1/4 of the photo paper. I haven`t a clue what I`m doing wrong, so can anyone help please?

Koochy 14:50 19 Dec 2006

When you say you are trying to print the picture are you just using the icon to print if so this could be the problem try going to file then print set up or page set up and adjust the size of the prints there.

Koochy

bluto1 15:05 19 Dec 2006

I`m not using the icon. I selected the paper size and print set up. What is annoying about this is that I`m certain it`s something very basic that I`m doing wrong.

Stuartli 15:59 19 Dec 2006

Are you inserting the photo paper length wise, not width wise?

bluto1 17:02 19 Dec 2006

Sorry, I`ve had to go out.
Yes,paper is going in properly.

BRUM-WELSH 18:53 19 Dec 2006

Ive had the same problem!through trial and error i found changing from portrait to landscape,or vice versa made a difference.Also checking the print preview might help.Windows Picture Viewer isnt very good,so i used FX Foto which is simpler so i found.Hope this is some vague help.

bluto1 19:45 19 Dec 2006

Thanks gang, I`ve finally found out what I was doing wrong. I didn`t pay full attention to the set-up page and whilst I ticked `photo paper` I didn`t change the size from A4.
That`s one less glass of red tonight. Anyway thanks again and have a great Christmas.

BRUM-WELSH 20:20 19 Dec 2006

Merry Christmas to you bluto.We are all learning!

BRUM-WELSH 20:22 19 Dec 2006

Merry Christmas to you bluto.We are all learning!

Stuartli 20:29 19 Dec 2006

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees..:-)

BRUM-WELSH 21:01 19 Dec 2006

The trees are pretty big where im from!Simple if you know how,Im still learning myself.i know what i know from this forum!such a big help from you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?