Printing pdf files

MikeWhiteSW5 10:37 13 Feb 2009

I have a Dell laptop with operating system Windows XP and another more recent laptop (Toshiba) running Vista. With both I use the same HP Color Laserjet 1600 printer. When I try to print a pdf file from the XP laptop I get a message "The document could not be printed" and when I click on OK I get the message "There were no pages selected to print". This is a new problem which I tried to solve by downloading Adobe reader 9 but that did not help. When I try the same thing using the same printer from the other computer the pdf files print with no problem (It has Adobe reader 8). Suggested solutions would be welcome.

Mike White

Art 11 15:59 19 Jan 2010

I am on XP with a lexmark printer X83. I cannot print any pdf files either. I get exactly the same error messages as MikeWhite. Has anyone found the answer yet? I have scoured the Adobe support and done most things they suggest but still no luck.

Fingees 16:08 19 Jan 2010

I use foxit reader to view pdf files.

I then cut and paste into word.

Sea Urchin 18:12 19 Jan 2010

Foxit Reader is quite capable of printing PDF files.

woodchip 18:19 19 Jan 2010

Before Printing, Go to File Print Preview check how many pages it shows then click print and make sure it is set to print all

Art 11 15:25 20 Jan 2010

Thank you all for your help. I found a tip online and followed it and it worked. As follows: Delete manually all the old Adobe files. Version 8 etc. You can't uninstall them through Add/Remove programs. You have to take out the files manually. It took a bit of fiddling. I also took out all I could of the Adobe 9.3 files. Some refuse to go. I then reinstalled Adobe 9.3 and restarted the computer. Now the pdf's print. It is some buggy thing evidently between the new version and the old files. Hope it works for everyone else.

I am happy after hours of searching for an answer. Thank you all once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?