Printing labels using Undercover XP

ponytail 10:04 28 Feb 2014

This is related to my post of about ten days ago titled

Use undercover XP to print CD labels

I find this program very good for printing CD labels the problem is I had a few A4 sheets of labels which I think are Pressit labels which have the cutouts on the corners and is ok.I went to W.H.Smith and bought a packet of 30 A4label sheets but when I opened them the cutouts were in the centre top and bottom.So when I went into Undercover XP I selected Coolbela A4 labels.But when they printed they were in the correct spot except they were slightly off centre.Would that be caused by either the scource of the label,labels faulty and can I adjust the setting somehow.Obviously will only be getting the Pressit labels in future but as this is only something I do very occasionaly should not present a problem as one pack should last ages.

Woolwell 10:12 28 Feb 2014

The "lost" program has presumably been found Previous thread

ponytail 10:37 28 Feb 2014

I had to reinstall it the problem may have ben caused by my son who was visiting last week.I explained I was having a few problems with the PC starting run quite slow so he took a look and said it now be ok and it is the speed is very good no complaints so maybe he removed the program accidently or decided it was causing a problem.He is coing over next Friday so will ak him.Anyway Undercover XP is working fine and no problems printing when I use the Pressit option but would like to use up the coolBela labels if possible but not if they are off center

ponytail 13:21 28 Feb 2014

I have just tried using a program called Disketch and have have managed to print of the coolbela labels by setting up all the dimensions and can get it to print exactly in the center.Only one problem as soon as I come out of the program I lose all the dimensions so next time I go in I have to reset them again.Cannot see anyway of saving them unless I am missing something

bumpkin 13:44 28 Feb 2014

I can't understand why you are having so many problems, when I did this years ago I bought an inexpensive kit which included the labels, applicator and software including that for doing covers. It could not have been easier and if I wanted to print more than the 50 labels supplied I could use standard Avery labels.

lotvic 14:13 28 Feb 2014

"they were in the correct spot except they were slightly off centre"

Maybe you put the paper in printer wrong way round, (top - bottom) and the side margins vary slightly?

hastelloy 18:05 28 Feb 2014

Pressit labelling software has a "Calibrate printer" procedure. Does your software have this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?