printing issues

dickieturpin123 12:17 03 Dec 2014

Hi

Can anyone shed any light on a printing issue i have. I hp wireless printer, which will scan, copy and print via ipads etc....it will also print from the main pc (windows 7) via wireless if im printing a word document. It wont however, print anything from the internet from the main pc, like a news article or an email etc.

Any suggestions to rectify would be great

chub_tor 15:47 03 Dec 2014

It would seem that your default printer is not set up to print from the internet. In IE you can do this by going to File/Print and then selecting it, in Chrome you go to the 3 stripes top right, click on those and then choose Print and select your default printer as the Destination and finally in Firefox click on the 3 stripes then Print then when the page comes up make sure that the default printer is selected when you click on Print.

SparkyJack 08:45 04 Dec 2014

Pressing Ctrl 'P' together will print anything that is on screen no mattervwhatche source.

chub_tor 09:04 04 Dec 2014

SparkyJack Ctrl+P will send and instruction to print but you still have to select the printer to be used if there is more than one. So this would be a good way to check that the default printer for internet pages is the HP wireless printer.

SparkyJack 14:17 04 Dec 2014

chub_tor correct, in fact as in Windows the default is an M/S print than the installed pribter this wull aalways bee the case. The installed printer has to be selected and in some insrances[me] with two pribters installed and the Win machine will run bith but the Mint17 will weork on on one. So a 30pt note is stuck to the wall infront of me is the following

'Printig? Which orinter, Which computer THINK!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?