Printing 'headers' on PDF documents

ND72045 20:30 29 Mar 2008

Hello All

In my office we print a lot of PDF documents each day. We use the free version of Adobe. The problem we have is identifying who each print out belongs to. I have been trying to find a way to print a header on each PDF document, such as the person's name so they can be sorted easily at the printer.

I have discovered PDF=XChange Viwer which has lots of excellent features. It allows you to use the typewriter function to type your name in the top corner before printing it. This effectively solves our problem, although you have to manually type the name each time. The other excellent features we would rarely use.

The ideal solution would be a PDF viewer which can have a 'header' defined in the settings, so that every time I load and print a new PDF document it will automatically print my name in the top corner without me needing to manually type it each time. I don't need any advanced features, ability to edit documents etc, just this very simple function of printing a header in the corner. Perhaps if a PDF program cannot do this, is there another solution? Can a printer drive be setup to automatically stamp a name in the corner?

Ideally we need a freeware solution. A small quick program would be preferred, advanced settings and options are unnecessary.

Can anyone help? Or do we have to manually 'typewrite' our name using PDF-X Change viewer each time?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to offer any suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017