Printing Excel files stored on cd

RoyWidd 00:00 16 Feb 2006

Hello,I wonder if anyone can help please?I'm due soon to print some Excel files that are stored on cd's.
Would I need any additional software to be able to read these files,or can I just go ahead and print them?I don't have Excel installed,the files in question will be from my girlfriends' business,and her printer isn't functioning,so I've offered to help out.
I'm on win98se,and the printer is an HP PSC-1110.Many thanks.

Skyver 00:06 16 Feb 2006

You'll need Excel, or you can use OpenOffice (free) which will read Excel files - click here

Skyver 00:08 16 Feb 2006

Or for a smaller download, MS do a variety of viewers;
click here

johnnyrocker 00:09 16 Feb 2006

unless you have a program that can read them like ms office etc you are likely to be wasting your time, you could down load open office at click here the later version of which is ms compatible and may get you out of trouble.

johnny.

RoyWidd 00:14 16 Feb 2006

Many thanks Skyver,I'm downloading them now,although it seems at present that one of the MS viewers might be ideal,as it supports Office 97 which I already have.

RoyWidd 00:16 16 Feb 2006

Hello johnnyrocker,thanks for that,I'll try that,also one of the MS files to see which works.

RoyWidd 00:34 16 Feb 2006

To Skyver and johnnyrocker;Thank you both,OpenOffice seems to be the one needed.Wish me luck when I start printing later in the week,if I mess it up,lots of invoices won't get paid on time.Many thanks,I'll tick as being resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?