Printing Envelopes in Open Office

Dekka123 14:28 23 Sep 2008

Could anyone please tell me how I print envelopes in open office. I am running XP Pro with SP3. Thanks very much in advance.

woodchip 14:52 23 Sep 2008

I know that some Office software will have it in. But all you need to do is go to Start\Settings\Printers folder right click the Printer\Properties and change to the envelope size you want to use i.e DL etc Also do this in the Open Office software change paper size to the above

Dekka123 16:28 23 Sep 2008

Thanks for the speedy reply woodchip. I have done everything you suggested but no joy. I have tried doing it with a4 and it comes out at the correct orientation but on the wrong side of the paper if you know what I mean. When I put an envelope in the printer it goes through the motions but nothing has printed. I have set it up in Open Office correctly. What am I doing wrong

€dstowe 16:35 23 Sep 2008

Have you checked in the OO Help files?

Dekka123 16:43 23 Sep 2008

€dstoweThanks for the suggestion but yes I have tried the help file and it was useless. Nothing on printing envelopes just inserting them into the doc. Couldn't understand it at all. Looks like I will have to write the address in future. Shouldn't have to though. Any more ideas?

woodchip 21:29 23 Sep 2008

The reason its printing as it is. You have to load Envelopes as it shows on the paper tray. Most likely short edge in first put the Envelopes in also so address is not upside down. though it would not stop it going through the post. you may be loading them long ways in the printer

octal 22:18 23 Sep 2008

In the top tool bar go to Insert>Envelope and you can insert an envelope from there, I usually copy and past the address from the letter in there. Then put the envelope in and pint it, after I've finished I don't bother saving the letter and envelope.

octal 22:20 23 Sep 2008

I should have said - I don't bother saving the envelope with the letter after I've finished.

Molly_Don 23:19 23 Sep 2008

I'd also like to have a go at this, thanks for the advice.

Dekka123 00:22 24 Sep 2008

octal Iwent to insert-envelopes and I inserted the envelope longways on the right side of the printer tray selected the appropriate icon in the open office set up and printed the envelope. It did print but it missed the envelope. I know I selected the right icon so I am wondering if there is something wrong with the software. I tried as an experiment to print by clicking on the right icon for the horizontal envelope and it printed perfectly but it printed across the envelope as I expected.

woodchip 17:15 24 Sep 2008

Check printer is set to portrait not Landscape

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?