Printing 'e' mail messages

23790954 12:53 27 Mar 2007

Yesterday I was 'e' mailing a relative, with an 'e' mail which consisted of several lists of items. I printed the 'e' mail with the 'e' mail page fully extended to its largest size by clicking the square in the top right hand corner.
Due to being an elderly person, it is easier for me that way. As I wanted to keep a copy of the 'e' mail I had sent, I printed off a copy. To my dismay the printout did not reveal the collumns I had printed, but, obviously due to the 'e' mail being wider than the A4 paper I printed on, the 'e' mail when printed via my printer, was quite a mix up, with the right hand collumn being printed under the left collumn, and each right collumn followed suitby being printed under the left collumn. I would like advice on the following 2 queries please:-
1. How do I stop this happening again. e.g.
callibrating the printer etc., and

2. Is this how the receiver of my 'e' mail
would receive the 'e' mail when printed out.

Many thanks for any advice given.

handful 12:58 27 Mar 2007

23790954, it depends on what you use for your emails. If you used Outlook or Outlook Express it would fit the page automatically so I guess you use one of the 'online' email providers. Can you give a few more details? DO you use Hotmail or which ISP do you use?

darrenrichie 13:01 27 Mar 2007

what email program are you using? Normally this would be a case of adjusting and reducing the "margins" in "Page Setup" under "file", but this depends on th email program you are using.

€dstowe 13:32 27 Mar 2007

Try setting your printer to "landscape" rather than the default "portrait" printing mode. This will print your page across the width rather than along the length of the page.

23790954 15:45 27 Mar 2007

Thanks for all your help. I should have said that I am using Outlook Express 6. Any further help would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?