Printing CD covers

ponytail 09:57 26 Jan 2008

I have just installed Adobe Photoshop and would like to print the CD covers I have on my hard drive.Can anyone advise on what type of paper I need to use.All I have at present is ordinary A4
paper which I presume is not suitable and also where is the best place to get it at a reasonable price.

MAJ 10:12 26 Jan 2008

Get some card from your local stationery shop. Take a CD Cover with you to check out the thickness of card.

ponytail 10:50 26 Jan 2008

Hi Maj Thanks for the info does the cardboard come in different sizes ie and do you think my printer will take the cardboard.My printer is as follows

C11C501061
This product is discontinued

Overview
Superior 6-color Photo Ink system and 5760 x 720 optimized dpi
High-quality printing directly on ink jet printable CDs and DVDs
True BorderFree™ 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10" and letter-size photo printing
Remarkable paper handling for optimum versatility
Large-capacity color ink cartridge for more photos per cartridge
Longer-lasting photos (lightfast up to 27 years¹)
Epson Stylus Photo 900 Information Sheet
Learn more about Epson Direct CD Printing

The complete printing solution for your digital lifestyle.

Far more than a high-quality photo printer, the Epson Stylus® Photo 900 offers customized printing directly on ink jet printable CDs and DVDs. This innovative product lets anyone design and print professional quality CDs or DVDs right at home, using personalized text and graphics. And, with BorderFree™ printing in four popular paper sizes, its just as easy to create frame-ready photos.

The Epson Stylus Photo 900 offers all this functionality, without sacrificing image quality. Epson's superior 6-color Photo Ink system, with up to 5760 x 720 optimized dpi and ultra fine 4-picoliter ink droplets, delivers prints that look like traditional photos. And, because it supports PRINT Image Matching (P.I.M.) II and Exif 2.2 technology, this full-featured performer makes it easy to get great prints automatically from P.I.M-enabled digital cameras. Best of all, you can print high-quality photos without expensive photo lab fees or reprint charges. In fact, the Epson Stylus Photo 900 includes a large capacity color ink cartridge for more affordable home printing. And, with the printer's incredible media flexibility, you can take advantage of roll paper printing, thick paper types, and more.

Whether you print customized CDs, edit and reprint photos, or print everyday text documents, the Epson Stylus Photo 900 offers a complete printing solution for your digital lifestyle. All it takes to create great creative projects is the Epson Stylus Photo 900 and a little imagination.

¹See Specifications page for notes.
Other Epson Sites | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Corporate Info | Jobs | Contact Us | Epson WorldWide
Copyright © 2000-2008 Epson America, Inc.

Sorry about the size

MAJ 11:28 26 Jan 2008

Most, if not all, inkjet printers will take the card used in printing CD covers, ponytail, I can't see why yours would be any different.

MAJ 11:30 26 Jan 2008

Forgot to say, ponytail, the card will usually come in A4 size.

Have a look here
click here

oops sorry that was for dvd's
this one for cd
click here

Totally-braindead 11:49 26 Jan 2008

Personally I use A4 matt paper about 100gsm.
It gives a better finish than plain paper or card but really its up to you you can use whatever you like.
If you have Nero the CD/DVD burning program then it has a program built in for printing covers and its fairly simple to use.

ponytail 13:45 26 Jan 2008

Hi Totally-Braindead Saw this paper on a web site and wondered what you thought.

click here

Totally-braindead 14:06 26 Jan 2008

Personally I use Choice paper click here its good quality and postage is included. I find the Matt gives a really good finish to the cover and I use 100gsm or 120gsm because its cheaper and I do find that sometimes you have to use a little bit of tape to keep it in place in the case as its not anything like as think as card.
Obviously if you use thicker paper you don't have that problem but then it becomes a bit more expensive.
I don't know the paper you linked to, its probably fine if you want to try it but watch out for postage charges.

Totally-braindead 14:12 26 Jan 2008

I've just been looking at the reviews people have given the paper you linked to and quite a few of them are rather unhappy with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?