printing onto card??

ozzymodo 13:59 08 Mar 2010

Hi there, I am wondering if anyone can help?
I have an EpsonDX4400 printer and the wife had a HP PSC 1215 printer and neither would print onto card (slightly thicker than a photo/postcard thickness) After having been on the Epson help/info site we found out that Epson don't print onto card as it is not a "proven format???". Anyway what I would like to know is does anyone know of a printer that print's onto card? as my wife want's to make her own business type cards to hand out at craft fayre's. Had a look at Vistaprint but was wanting a bit much for using the wifes own logo, and we trying to keep cost down at mo.
Many thanks in advance Ian

Technotiger 14:08 08 Mar 2010

I have made some great business type cards, using good quality Glossy Photo paper on my Epson R260, you don't really need such thick card. Everyone says how good my cards look - though I don't make them 'commercially', only for my own use!

Only draw-back I can see in your case perhaps, is cost!

Peter 14:30 08 Mar 2010

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R800 and have used glossy card up to 300gsm without trouble. I now get my glossy card stock from Lidl in either 240gsm or 280gsm and use it to make A5 (A4 folded) greeting cards. The printer has no problems with this type of card, but I load only one sheet at a time.

Peter.

BT 16:20 08 Mar 2010

I get my paper and card from here click here

Excellent quality at sensible prices.

Pineman100 16:55 08 Mar 2010

Many inkjet printers can cope with paper/card up to about 300gsm. But the problem is often that they will only work properly on this weight with their own brand of material.

My HP Photosmart printer, for example, is quite happy to feed heavy HP photo paper, which has a kind of grainy back - almost like sandpaper - but it steadfastly refuses to feed cheaper brands of the same weight.

Has it been carefully designed like that? Oh, I'm sure not. Ahem!

Peter 17:09 08 Mar 2010

I forgot to mention earlier that the glossy photo card from Lidl is less than £5.00 for 50 sheets.

Peter.

shellship 17:50 08 Mar 2010

That explains why I've often had trouble feeding less costly A4 photo paper through my HP. Didn't realise HP paper had a grainy back. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?