Printing Attachments

cruiser2 10:05 21 Mar 2008

I use Windows XP, an HP Photosmart2575 All in One printer and Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox. My ISP is Talktalk. When Talktalk send me my monthly bill, I can view the attchment but I am unable to print it off. I have saved it in "My Documents" but it will still not print. I have had a long phone call with Taktalk, but they are unable to resolve the problem. I have sent emails with attachments which print easily and correctly.
What can I do to get this attachment to print correctly. I have not altered the settings on either the printer or my PC.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Gongoozler 10:41 21 Mar 2008

What is the file type of the attachment?

DieSse 11:18 21 Mar 2008

".. but it will still not print."

What exactly happens when you try to print? - messages? - anything at all?

cruiser2 12:36 21 Mar 2008

It is a list showing the phone numbers I have called, the duration and cost of each call. The first page also includes the cost of the line rental, the cost of any calls for which i have been charged such as 0870 etc, VAT and the total amount which will be deducted by direct debit from my bank account. The number of pages varies depending on the number of calls I have made each month. There could be four pages.
When I tried to print it earlier this week, all I got was a letter giving information on price changes. This was the first page which I could view on my PC when I opened the attachment. I could view the other pages but they did not print. I ticked the box to print "ALL" in the print menu as well as "Pages 1 to 4 without success.
Hope this helps.
I have sent an email with a different attachment which has printed satisfactorily

Gongoozler 12:54 21 Mar 2008

An attachment is a file attached to the email. This file will have been generated by an application such as a spreadsheet, word processor or suchlike. If it is, you need a compatible application to open it in before you print it. Can you tell me the full name of the attachment - omitting any personal data that might be in the name.

shellship 13:03 21 Mar 2008

I have TT but the bill is in html form. If you click on "print my bill" you are taken to the TT website where you sign in and find your printable bill there in full. What a pain. I just keep mine on my computer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?